- Improved concentration, eye-hand co-ordination, focus, reflexes, rhythm, balance, fine motor skills, and behaviour.
- Development of accuracy in throwing and catching.
- Practising listening, observing and following directions.
- Builds self-confidence and esteem.
- Employing multiple intelligences, stimulating both sides of the brain.
- Builds teamwork and teaching skills as group routines develop.
- Learning to put objects in logical order.
- A physical workout as well as a mental one.
- It is an ongoing cognitive process learning what you are doing right, and what to do to correct your mistakes.
- Girls and boys are equally adept.
- Once you have learned to juggle or spin a plate, etc, it’s almost impossible to forget – it’s a skill for life.
- Circus skills are self-paced. There’s no time pressure, since there is no standard for comparison except each individual’s previous level of accomplishment.
- A chance to earn an income.
The main objective of our circus skills workshops is to have fun and to learn and develop some new and existing skills and talents.
Participants will learn on their own, in pairs and small groups and there will be a focus on the building of trust and sharing skills.
The performance of circus skills can give a tremendous sense of achievement and confidence. Children quickly learn to perform skills neither they nor their audience would have thought possible.
Those with concentration and behavioural difficulties often co-operate well and focus for longer periods.
Types of Workshops
Circus skills workshops can last from an hour to a week and anything in between! They are suitable for all ages and abilities and can be tailor-made to suit your needs.